General plan of Dénia train of the coast denia la xara gorgo de gorgos
History of DÉNIA AND THE TRAIN
- 1915 Denia is connected with Valencia and Alicante via the narrow gauge railway
- 1974 Denia loses the train linking it with Valencia (the Carcaixent-Denia line)
- 1977 Denia begins to state the need for a local train from Gandia to its urban centre, such train being of RENFE and not of the Generalitat
- 1986 The Comunidad Valenciana meets with, and investigates, the competing railway companies (FEVE) proposed by the central government of Madrid. Currently it is Metrovalencia and the metropolitan TRAM of Alicante. RENFE is still negotiating the routes of the outskirts of Valencia
- 1999 The metropolitan project of Alicante (TRAM) is born with the updating of the narrow gauge rail DENIA-ALICANTE, with a reverse development from the capital to Denia, and it is for this reason that it has already been electrified to Benidorm
- 2011 The project Tren de la Costa comes into being between the Generalitat and the Ministry of Development
- 2014 The report of the Generalitat cancelled by the Ministry of Development
- 2016 The report of the Ministerio de Fomento made available to the public
DENIA STRUCTURAL PLAN, 2017
- 2017 Denia Structural Plan opts for a “tren de cercanias” going to the urban centre of Denia, with an intermodal station in La Pedrera area, and moving away from the project Tren de la Costa
From 1977, Denia has backed this train with no unitary or unanimous proposal, depending only on the to and fro of local, autonomous and national politics, presenting alternatives whilst turning its back on the actual needs of the region.
For more information: ayuntamiento de Dénia / áreas municipales / urbanismo / información pública del Plan general estructural
We have presented a appeal against the General Structural Plan of the City of Denia on December 27, 2017.