project of tren de la costa marina alta denia ondara gata de gorgos
THE PROJECT OF THE “TREN DE LA COSTA”
The project is the result of an agreement between the Ministry of Development (national government) and the Valencian government, who wanted to make a new rail connection between Valencia and Alicante, following the coastal/AP7 route. To enable this they approved a budget to add 26 km of track between Cullera and Gandia, and to create an independent infrastructure between Gandia and Alicante.
In December 2014 the Valencian government presented a document which was then rejected by the Ministry of Development, overruling passengers’ wishes. In light of this, on 8th July 2016, the Ministry presented a new document which contradicted the Valencian proposal.
It is currently in the public exhibition phase.
THE ROUTE VIA DÉNIA HAS THE FOLLOWING DISADVANTAGES::
- A major impact on the countryside
- In direct opposition to the values of the Montgó Natural Park
- More expensive than the route following the AP7
- Slower than following the AP7 route
- Doesn’t serve the Marina Alta district
- Will create bottlenecks and traffic jams on the roads into Denia
- Running parallel to the existing tram (trenet) track there would be two further tracks
2 tracks of the coastal train and 1 track of the tram / trenet
Image of the route between El Montgó and La Sella in the future
We have submitted a appeal to the Ministerio de Fomento…. To open it click here